Saturday, April 26, 2008

Back to Bellinzona



My first weekend alone in the apartment, which seems awfully empty now. The weather was great, and I haven't had a long (or medium-long) ride in a while, so I went back to Bellinzona by my usual route. I visited all three castles (up to Sasso Corbaro, then stopping at Montebello on the way down, and finally passing by but not entering Castelgrande in downtown Bellinzona). My time up Monte Ceneri on the way back was just under 25 minutes for the same 3 mile stretch (or as close as I can match) that took me 26.5 minutes in early march. That's not as large an improvement as I hoped for, but at least it's an improvement. 53 miles on the day.

The climb to Castello di Sasso Corbaro is 1.8 miles, with an altitude gain of 733 feet, and took 18:20. That's a little better than the first time, though it's hard to match segments exactly for the comparison. (My most recent climb of the same segment is split across GPS tracks, so I can't compare with it.)

No comments: